Anyone else ever experiment with wet playback?

From time to time I will get back into this. Wet playback vs. dry is night and day. Talk about "liquid smooth"!!! One caveat is ALWAYS true, however: once you have wet-played a vinyl LP you can NEVER dry-play it.
gaslover
Wet playback was commonly done in the early days of LPs, and I sometimes did it. The method was originated by radio stations. It probably worked better when cartridges tracked at 5 grams.

Current vinyl "experts" think it's a lousy idea.
what are the advantages vs disadvantages. I would think that liquid in the grooves would be similar to dampening? i have played records that i did not get dry(i used to spray a wash before cleaning with my discwasher brush. I now spray my brush lightly vs spraying my records.
Adavantages are vastly reduced friction (ever seen how cooling fluid is used during metal machining?). Also the noise floor is extremely low, as particulate matter becomes suspended and not part of the record's surface. Disadvantages are potential cartridge damage as previously mentioned, and the general hassle of it all. The sound quality during the wet-play event is worth it however.