B&K amp parts source

Hi All,

I have a B&K Ref 2220 which sounds very nice with the Thiel CS 3.5 speakers in my secondary system. However, the power on button has become unreliable, sometimes requiring dozens of presses to turn the amp off. I have repeatedly contacted ATI who aquired B&K and am told, " We have all their parts, but nothing is organized so we can't find it for you."
I had my local electronics shop call ATI, and they got the same response. My local tech commented that the power switch on my amp looked identical to ones he had seen on other B&K amps, so it should not be a rare part. What I am hoping you can help with is where, other than ATI, might I get one? Perhaps a dealer who stocked a lot of B&K amps and has one?
BTW my local tech, who I think is highly competent, cleaned and lubricated my switch, but the problem was not improved.
Thanks in advance!
I've replaced several of these. Any national electronics supply house has them - DigiKey, Mouser, Newark, etc. There's nothing special about them, just your standard lighted power switch that costs around $4. Try this link:


Total replacement time is less than 10 minutes.
Thanks for the response Palasr,
Unfortunately the problem is that it is not this type of switch. It is a small round black button that is pushed in till it clicks to power on and pushed in again to power off. It always powers on fine but has to be pushed in dozens of times to power off. I wish it were the rocker type your link leads to, but perhaps there is a generic switch of the type on my amp which would work. I have no need to use a B&K original part but do want to have something that is functional and looks like it belongs on the amp.
Sorry, I thought you were looking for the older type - they were easy: three discreet blade connectors from the transformer, pop the switch out and away you go.

Given the nature and location of your switch, it's most likely soldered right to the circuit board (I'm making an educated guess here), but it may be worth investigating for broken solder joints at the switch as it's a source of continuous mechanical stress. Still, with the dimensions in hand you should be able to source a replacement through one of the vendors listed above; between the three of them they have pretty much everything. Good luck.