when using biwire terminals with single wire speaker cables do you connect your singles to the upper or lower set of terminals and why?
Hey Bignerd, why the attitude? Unsoldering one set of +/- wires from one terminal pair and soldering them to the other terminal pair, is hardly rocket science. It is not a "tweek of the week" but rather a long-term solution for those who believe using a higher quality single wire cable sounds better than bi-wiring. Otherwise, simply use short good quality jumpers or wire, and run the speaker wire to the terminal that sounds best. Some even recommend cross connecting the speaker wire with + on the HF pos terminal and - on the LF neg terminal, then jumping to connect the two neg terminals to each other and the two positive terminals to each other. Here is a link you might find interesting;
I have seen first hand what happens when those just starting to get into hi-fi (as it sounds the initial poster is) are led into uber-geek tweeks by other audiophiles. Last year I had a custiomer bring in a crossover with the speaker cable firmly soldered to it. He said that his receiver had blown up after he did this and he thought it may have had something to do with this GREAT IDEA he had read on the internet. $850 later he had a functional stereo and two crossover sized paper weights with 8ft tethers.

Some tweeks are fine for those who want to get the Nth degree of detail out of their stereo. It is obvious that this fellow has not yet reached the pittiful state of audiophilia that some have. Crawl, then walk, then run, and maybe race the Kenyans one day.
I recently purchased some JPS Lab speaker cables (single wire). I was shocked at the difference better cables made over the ANCIENT Monster cable I had been using. Now I've upgaded speakers (sort of fell into something and did it) and they can support bi-wiring. It sounds like bi-wiring is the preferred way to go. BUT can someone tell me if anyone manufactures an adaptor that would allow my single-wire positive and negative leads (spade terminations) to be converted to a "bi-wire" termination. I can imagine how to do it crudely with a visit to the hardware store but wonder if there's a product designed for this purpose. Thanks in advance.