Center placed equipment stands

Will I ever learn?  Just cut down the height of my Quadraspire Reference X equipment stand placed between the floor standers and again experienced better imaging.  Each time I do this it improves the imaging and overall sound.  Hope this helps others.
celtic66
I am a longtime fan of low racks over higher stands if possible. Would like to someday get the rack away from between the speakers altogether and off to the side for both acoustic and aesthetic purposes. 
celtic66
Will I ever learn? Just cut down the height of my Quadraspire Reference X equipment stand placed between the floor standers and again experienced better imaging. Each time I do this it improves the imaging and overall sound. Hope this helps others.
Get rid of it all together, and put you rack to your side. Then you’ll be totally amazed at the imagining and depth perception properties you gain.

Only "glitz queens" want to sit and "try" to listen to music while staring endlessly at their shiny equipment chassis, racks and all the lights.

Cheers George
Georgehifi,

Must have a live feed from my listening room.  No really, it's just a real estate and cable length challenge that keeps things centered.  

I don't doubt you are correct about removal.  I do have exposed tubes though and am primally mesmerized by the soft glow.  Ciao