Esoteric P5/D5 Opinions please

Hi
I'm just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to listen to the above combo? How does it sound compared to the other models in the Esoteric range, like the X03se? or the X01D2?
cmk
*** Kiwi,
WOuld you say that the X0-3se might represent a better value than the P5/D5 if the clock generator is not added to the combos ?

Questions based around 'value' are always tricky to respond to as value is a very individual thing.

Speaking for myself, i firmly believe the X-03 is the sweet spot in the present Esoteric line up in the sense that you have to spend an awful lot more money to get to the next step which price wise [with the exit of the -01 ltd] is the P-05/D-05.

Conversely, I thought the P-05/D-05 was terrible value for money. When i told the dealer i was unsatisfied with the improvement in sound quality between the X-03 and P5/D5 for the money invested he told me that he frequently heard that opinion and that the one really needed to buy the G-03X to extract the best from the combo. After the dealer hooked up the master clock i had to agree with him. The combo needs this unit - but it adds another 4k (list) to the price tag. IMHO left to its own devices the P5/D5 is cannon fodder for a number of competitor single box tanks.

I have to wonder why Esoteric introduced P-05/D-05 to the portfolio. As i mentioned above i think this combo and the new X-05 are weak additions to the family.
thanks Kiwi, thats of big help.

I'll seriously consider the x-03 in the future.
Hi I've read all your posts about P05 D05 and the general consensus is that it's a good combo. I have the chance of buying a P05 D05 at exactly half new price the units are pristine as new with all boxes manuals etc. But I'm still tempted to try and find a used X01 D2 purely because of it's better transport? Does anyone have any listening experience to push me either way?
Thanks