Ever gone from seperates to an integrated?

I'm currently running seperates (Rogue m66/m88) which have a used value of about 2k$
and for my next upgrade I'm wondering if I should hop aboard the integrated train.
The idea of less interconnects and powercords appeals to me not to mention less isolation devices.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?
Would be interested in knowing what people would consider a "worthwhile" upgrade in the 3-3.5k used price range as an integrated (just need a volume remote! and HT pass through would be nice!)

Happy listening!
geoffgarcia
I had seperates of various makes and models for about 15 years. Pretty good stuff, EAD, Sonic Frontiers, VAC, MUSE, etc. etc. My latest stereo is built around the McIntsoh MA 6900 integrated amplifier. I love it. I feel like I get a ton of performace for the money, and feel it is as musical and amplification device as I have owned. I bought it here on Audiogon for 3K used, which is in your price range. The MA 6500 is good too but different sounding than the 6900.

For the record, I also used to have a seperate transport and DAC. Now I have two different integrated CD players. Seperates are great, but I think you can integrate without compromising sound quality.

Without doubt the simplicity and functionality of integrated amps is intriguing. I have owned a couple well respected integrateds, the Levinson No.383 and Rowland Concentra II, and enjoyed using both.
Geoff, I upgraded from seperates to an integrated. Pretty much for exactly the reasons you explained. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). I owned a Luxman pre and 2 Luxman power amps (circa 1978) that I ran bridged. I am presently using a YBA Passion Integre.

I will NEVER look back.

I will admit that going from 300 wpc to 100 wpc is noticable. But, let my use a different analogy.....

A well tuned 454 big block Chevelle will run a quarter mile in the 13 second bracket. So will a Mazda RX-7.

It's just a different ride.
Yes, I have; and back to separates.
The Air Tight ATM-1 is a stereo amp that has 2 inputs and a switch between them, but no active preamp stage...It was fairly low-powered at 35w, but beat head-to-head a combo of Krell monoblocks/Krell preamp when driving a fairly efficient speaker(Genesis APM-1). At the time, I was carrying my ATM-1 around to dealers trying to mate speakers with it. You should have seen the faces on the salestaff after the little tube amp crushed the Krell. They were almost speechless.
Short signal paths can be a benefit, but it's tough to generalize that one approach is best. Think it will vary piece-by-piece. If you're into vinyl, I'd argue that most separate phono stages will trounce the ones in most preamps...
Yes I have and I will never go back to the stereo amps, mono-blocks amps and pre-amps. At my time in my life over 60 I decided that my stereo was to large and complex so it was down-sized .Less power cords ,less interconnects, less electricity ,less to look at. I bought a Gryphon 2100 Callisto and was finally exposed to how my music should sound. The Gryphon is not inexpensive but it delivers the music as it was recorded in my opinion. The dynamics and the low level detail is unbelievable . The remote is also a convince.