Hales transcendence 8 tweeters

I just bought a pair of Hales transcendence 8 but missing both tweeters,I am aware that the original tweeters are not available and i need a recommendation want to replaced them with? Maybe someone can give me advice.Thanks
ejvic
Ejvic,
This can be reverse engineered and a decent dome can definitely be found. I would need to see the crossover. I've done some looking for you... this is a guessing game.
Hales are 88db 4 ohm speakers, I cannot find a spec sheet on its original tweeter anywhere, one forum said that it had a very low fs... (around 500). Most domes of that era had a slight to relative high end rise...
So here you go, basically, if the crossover does not have any pad on the tweeter, meaning the original tweeter was 88 db 4 ohm, Parts Express has The Dayton RS28F-4 (silk dome mid 500's FS) slightest high end rise, should be a drop in.. don't know about fitting in the cabinet. This is built for Dayton by Usher and is one of the better Dayton tweeters....
If you can take a look at the crossover and get resistor values on a pad, if there even are any, we can get very close, but my guess is that a Vifa of this era should not be more than 91 to 92 sensitivity... Madisound has a SB Acoustics SB25AC-C000-4. This dome has similar characteristics, but is 91+ sensitivity 4 ohm, but has a 700FS. I have not found crossover points or slopes.
These are both budget domes at around $50 each, Let me know where the budget is and I can take another look, but seeing that the vifa that you dropped in there is around 87.5 sensitivity with a higher fs and is 6 ohms, I would think that the Dayton would be a very good alternative.
I hope this helps, Tim
Ejvic,
I was able to look up the Seas T29MF001 shown as recommended by Madisound above... It was a 92db 4 ohm sensitivity tweeter. Selling now for about $250 U.S. If Madisound is correct, that means that your Hales have a tweeter pad (tweeter volume is turned down)... but if that is the case, it would affect your 87.5db 6 ohm vifa that you are now using and it would sound dull... if I recall one of the treads above, it gets bright on occasion, which leads me back to telling you to buy the Dayton RS28F-4 from Parts Express. I can most likely find others, but I think you will find this a nice sounding alternative, good luck,
Tim
If anyone has burned out stock tweeters for the T8, I would like to buy them. I am doing a center channel, and have a replacement diaphragm already. Thank you.
"07-26-14: Ejvic
I wonder what other speakers uses the same tweeter like the one in T8? any ideas."

I may be wrong, but I think Hales made their drivers in house.
this is not a "Hales tweeter"... made by Vifa D26-38-04... Thiel used it a bit also...