Hi End Pre-Amp shoot out in central jersey?

Hi,

I have recently heard the DarTZeel pre in my system as compared to my highly optioned MA1 MK3, and thought it might be interesting to compare a few pre-amps.

I would be interested in hearing the ARC Ref3, the Dart again, as well as the latest from BAT, Halcro etc. Any takers?

Might not be a scientific experiment, but we might have fun and learn a thing or two.

Best,

Ron
rlips
As Mechans said (tongue in cheek, I assume)
This kind of ultra low noise tube has yet to classified there are only few electron particle accelerators large enough toidetect(sic) the subtle vibrations that each tube naturally resonates at....It is also best siuted(sic) to nanovolt output cartridges the upside is that no a step up transformer is needed.
Pretty damn funny when you think of it, though
The whole post is written as hyperbole. The gain is ridiculous though for the MC circuit it really is in excess of 70. The line stage isn't exactly low key either. The phono on ther sp6B is legendary as one of the first that could really amplify that small an output signal It really It really is extraordinary but very few including myself can use IT well. My Dynevector puts out 2.0 millvolts the record must be cleaner than a clean room and each mote of dust sounds like a giant explosion. The complaints about the excessive gain are legendary themselves.
System synergy is a key issue in any system, much more with Atmasphere units. I have owned an MA1 and MA2 years ago - mk1 preamp and mk2 amps, not the current units. At that time I tried several preamps (cj ART2, ARC ref 2, ACT2) with the MA2, mainly because I wanted a remote, but never found a preamp which could be a better match to the MA2. Later I had to sell the Ma2 because I was offered a too good deal with an incompatible speaker and heat and space were a concern at that time.
Now I have a Dartzeel combo, and have tried several amps with the preamp, as I need more power for my preferred speakers (Soundlab A1 PXs), but for chamber music and jazz every time I prefer the Dartzeel preamp with its amplifier. The NH18NS is an excellent preamplifier, but the combo of both units used with the 50 ohm cables is the real deal!
I have a BAT REX that I would be willing to schlep to NJ from CT if the schedule is workable.
I'd be interested. I have a little preamp I could bring along for comparison.