klipsch speakers,be honest

here's the deal,i have khorns & cornwalls,i struggled with the sound from them for what seems like a life time,i took some very sound advice from fellow ag members & it really paid off,it seems as im listening to them for the 1st time,i cant believe how good the sound is,anybody else ever been suprised by how good a pair of klipsch can sound when they are set up properly.

even if you hate klipsch speakers i can take it just dont bash them without an explaination of why you hate them,
be honest,i wont get offended.
128x128bigjoe
I used Klipsch for about 12 years. They are great rock n roll speakers. I made the mistake of stopping in the local Tweeter and hearing a pair of Vienna Acoutics Beethoven's.
Try something else and see what you think. If your happy with the Klipsch,you save a ton of cash.

Tim
I had old K-horns, my own designs and Maggies.
I miss the midbass and the slam of the K-horns, they can be harsh sounding, it's not a tube or SS, it an amp quality issue.

The great tube vs SS debate to me still comes down to this:
A used $600 SS amp will sound poorly compared to a used $600 tube unit on a lot of speakers, those that tend to etch detail, (read bright).

However, with great amps (SS or toob), either way the issue is moot.

The K-horns need the X/O not tweaked but completely re-worked. Also damp the horns with foam, expandable type in the can, but (wax the horns first with Turtle wax, just in case you ever need to get them out. A nice layer, allowed to dry works fine, don't buff as with a car finish.

The K-horns still outside of the Avengardes, have the most realistic dynamics of any speaker I know of, the Ave's are in a whole nother league.

Tubes at budget amp prices work well, but a really good SS unit is also an excellent mate. Find a smalled used Levinson, which is a tad dark sounding, plug it in and forgedaboutit.

loon
Perhaps the most realistic music reproduction I have ever heard was an excellent recording of Sousa marches played through a pair of Khorns, using excellect electronics in a dedicated room. The Tubas would flap your trouser legs, and the trumpets blazed forth from the midrange horn driver.

And this from a Maggie fan!
Read what ole J. Gordon himself had to say about Klipsch in the current stereophile.

Biggest audio mistake I made was selling my 4 JBL L200's when I left the quad revolution. They still make me Horny!!!!

As long as your enjoying them, that's what counts.

Have Fun.
I only got rid of my cornwalls and heresys to make the wife happy. Took up way too much real estate.
Honestly though, you need a seriously massive room to get good imaging out of them.