Krell KSA300S Power Conversion

I have a Krell Ksa 300s and i want to convert power from 110v to 220v. Can someone help me out,please.I appreciate your help.Thanks.

Thank you very much for your help. I think i ned to open the unit to look inside of it. :)
I think you posted this question before and you were told you could not do it because it requires a computer chip / board change but I guess you did not believe it and want to go ahead and try anyway.

To save you the hassle, what the previous answer in that thread says is true. I owned the same amp about 20 or so years ago. All the KSA S series amps cannot be voltage changed the way you want to do it. I moved from a 220V country to a 240V country - a local technician did it that way and it would always trip the fuse after a few listens when being turned on. You are going from 110V to 240V an even bigger jump. You really need to have Krell or an agent change the board that controls the voltage as I eventually did . There is no way around it even if you don't like hearing this. I doubt they would still have the parts to do so.

By the way it's not worth the hassle for such an old amp - the entire batch of S series amps were made with faulty capacitors to begin with - mine would literally smoke and blow up even with the correct circuit board change. Ditto for same era KRC pre's. That's why they were superceded by the FPB's very quickly.

Good luck