Most common subwoofer input?

I just bought a new house and I plan the build a 5.1 system in my family room. When I talk to my builder today, he suggests me to build a in-wall stereo cable for my rear speakers and subwoofer, so there will be no cable running around my family room. I know that rear speakers use normal speaker cable, however subwoofer have so many different type of input, such as: RCA, speaker wire, phono input or Neutrik Speakon. Which type of input is most common use for sub?
If you have a designated "sub out" on a receiver that's all you need, just 1 RCA. Using a 2 channel stereo receiver or amp you will need a left and a right coming from a line level output. I'm not sure what you are running for equipment, if it is older with no "line level out" or "main out" you may have to go with my first suggestion and use speaker cable directly to your sub's high level input, then jump over to your speakers.
Hope that helps...good luck
Before I bought a house, I rent a small room and use my stereo system to listen music ONLY. In my new house, I plan to use my system to listen music and watch movie (50/50). I heard that if I want to use sub to listen music, high-level input is better than RCA; RCA input is good for movie, is it true? should I build both RCA and speaker cable for different purpose?
Please advise.
thank you very much!!
No, I wouldn't build RCA and speaker cable for each purpose. Use one or the other. I doubt very much you would even hear a difference between the two connections, I wouldn't stress yourself out too much. To make it simple just run 1 RCA behind the wall or through the floor joists and you are done.
Great! thanks for answer!! I will ask builder to run 1 RCA behind the wall.
Thank you for anyone who answered my question!
Post removed