Nobsound springs - load range

I want to try out the Nobsound springs as damping footers (mainly under my mono blocks and my streamer). I ordered a first set of them and now I wonder about the amount of springs to put in for different weights of equipment.I remember one post that said it works best when 50% compressed (was it @millercarbon?).

I measured the compression of the springs, it takes ~2.5 kg per spring to compress it to 50%. Based on 50% compression target, this yields the following sweet spot configurations (only stable ones, total equipment weight):
- 3 units, 3 springs each: 22.5 kg
- 4 units, 3 springs each (or 3 units, 4 springs each): 30 kg - 4 units, 4 springs each: 40 kg
- 3 units, 6 springs each: 45 kg
- 3 units, 7 springs each: 52.5 kg
- 4 units, 6 springs each: 60 kg
- 4 units, 7 springs each: 70 kgLoad can be considerably higher than expected (somewhere I read about 36kg, which is presumably for 4 units).

Any comments?What about ~10 kg streamer, seems to be too light to compress the springs enough? Does anyone have experience with Nobsound springs under light equipment like this?
Based on your experiences: Would you even dare to put an 80kg floor standing speaker on Nobsound springs?
hm9001

@noromance 

I just thought of another question. I have a bamboo cutting board. Would it be better to put the four Nobsound springs under the cutting board and the put the Hegel on top?

Thanks again.

I use Nobsound springs under the existing feet. But, only way to be sure on your system is to try.

Four Nobsprings are plenty for 40 pounds. I would remove enough springs for them to compress about half way when loaded.

If I chose to use a cutting board, it would be under the springs and separated from the shelf by vibripods or other elastomer disks. This gives another layer of isolation. I am doing something like this using a Black Diamond Racing platform and springs on top and vibrapods under. I would not couple all the springs together… and most components are heavier in back. Best to tune the springs to each location.

@curiousjim Hi Jim. Put them under the component not under the feet. I tried it once and didn’t like it. But I use tubes. However, @ghdprentice found that it worked. Use the necessary number of springs for each of the 3 points under the component so that the component is level after the set up. Obviously, use 4 under speakers. I can’t state it clearly enough - try difference configurations by listening. e.g. try it at 20% and 50% compression, under feet or chassis, 3 vs 4 etc.

Thanks @noromance ​​@ghdprentice 

Today I set up the springs with 5 in each and put them under the feet on the Hegel and listened for a few hours. Tomorrow I’ll move them off the feet and give them a few hours.

Oops. My bad. I moved mine from under feet to under the chassis. Sounds better. Not sure what made me initially put them under the feet. I have used, cones, vibrapods, pucks…. Long list and never put them under the feet. 

Oh well… senior moment when I did that.