after reading a lot on the subject, I have come to certain conclusions:
- some amps using Pascal modules are considered among the best; in other words, it’s not just a matter of Gan-Fet technology, even if it seems to be the most promising one;
- since I bought my Belles Aria Integrated to avoid tubes, it would be illogical to go for a class D amp and add a tube preamp;
- some manufacturers seem to use Gan-Fet for marketing purposes rather than for its technical possibilities;
- there seems to be a reliability issue with the Starkrimson mono;
- if it’s possible to plug a DAC directly into a class D amp, why not add a passive preamp in order to have more than one source?
In other words, I haven’t made up my mind. I’m hesitating between buying an amp and a passive preamp or waiting for the arrival of a class D integrated that meets my expectations...