REL .LFE input

I just purchased the Technics SU-G700 integrated and it has a left and right pre-out that can be used for a subwoofer - my REL. 


I’m currently using the high level connection but thought about trying the LFE connection as a way to reduce a very low level hum I’m getting in the subwoofer. No amount of connecting he system to one power outlet or grounding has solved it, and it only happens once the speakon connection is connected to the subwoofer. 

My only issue with this LFE solution is that there is only one single input on the subwoofer, but the pre-out is in stereo. The question is how much audio low bass information am I losing if I only run one RCA from, say,  the right channel on the integrated to the sub.

BTW, this is a dedicated two channel set up, not used for TV. 


Why not just use the left and right low level inputs? Or does your REL not have them?

Thanks for the responses.

The REL only has one input so I can’t do left and right. I do not have any TV components hooked into my integrated it’s just a turntable and a streamer and all of these pieces of equipment plugged into the same outlet onto a dedicated line.

I’ll try just plugging one of the outputs from the integrated into the LFE input and see what happens if the hump persists I’m not sure where to go from there.



Also wanted to share this post from a user on audio aficionado, it could be the speakon connector internal wiring:

“I’ve been disappointed with the stock 10m Neutrik cable that came with my REL T-zero sub. It’s a great little sub for a medium/small room, and serves duty in my 2.1 home office setup. The cable originally came mis-wired, but I did not know. It took a lot of troubleshooting to find my initial hum was located at the Neutrik connector. Then it involved a lot of finicky fiddling to get it in the correct position, with the cord laying in the perfect position so the sub would fire but not hum. Eventually I got fed up enough to take the connector apart. There were three wires, and four Phillips head tiny screw clamp connectors for the tinned ends of the wires. I immediately saw it. Wow, that’s the culprit! Loose wiring, especially the yellow wire. There were four possible locations for the wires, and the three wires. I double checked their locations. The yellow wire was almost dangling loose in the wrong place. Flopping around in there. I corrected the wiring, and made sure the connections were snug. I fired up my system, and lo and behold she worked beautifully. I really love this little sub, but I just didn’t trust the cable.”