Resolution Audio Opus vs. Audio Aero Capitole MKII

I'd thought I made up my mind about getting a new CD player. I want something....more than I have. Currently I'm running a Theta Carmon into a Theta Casanova. I was going to upgrade to the Casablanca II with superior dacs but I'm not sure if that is going to get me much further along.

Anyway, from what I've heard these two players are the or among the most analog pleasant sounding CD players out there. I know I can order the Opus 21 and send it back if I don't like it, but I hate doing that.

I know I can buy the Capitole online for $4500 and sell it the next week for what I paid for it. I think the $3500 for the Opus is a good deal though. Especially if you think about the fact that it is direct and thus no 100% dealer markup.

I don't think I have either player in my area to test out.
busaganashi
I own them both at this time and they are both fabulous players
I prefer the Opus 21 just slightly because it just has that visceral impact control of the mid bass and bass that I so enjoy.They do rival each other in all other aspects. I think that you CANNOT beat the Opus at the price point that it comes in at, everything else that is close is at least twice the price. Direct to amp they both drive my Lamm's with aplomb
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm in the Portland Oregon area.

Price isn't so much of a concern vs. just getting the best sound I can. I'd like to get my CD playback where I can live with it and then start working on SACD and vinyl. I plan on hooking up CD player to a Placette pre or perhaps direct to a tube amp.
Busaganashi,

Take a listen to the Audio Synthesis DAX Discrete system. It will probably impress you to the point of never thinking of a source upgrade again as long as you live. The system uses a modified Pioneer DV-47Ai for a transport, allowing DVD-A, SACD, and Redbook playback. I know of a user in Spain that states that he no longer feels the need for an analog system. The DAX Discrete Variable has an integrated volume control and sounds best without a preamp. There are no dealers in your area, contact Ric Schultz at Electronic Visionary Systems in Northern California for an audition. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Busaganashi- You've got the largest audio aero dealer in your home town! Give Jonathan at Chambers Audio a call 503.221.0465 He also knows lots of audiophiles in your neck of the woods so it would be a good contact to have either way. If you are thinking SACD in the future you MUST call him he is the distibutor for the best digital source on the planet- ask him about the Meitner. If you have the money forget both of these players and get the Meitner- I am selling my capitole II and have my Meitner ordered already.
Thanks for the info Tireguy. I'll give him a call. I'll look around for information about on the Meitner too.