Stereo amp to drive one center channel speaker?

I'm venturing into surround sound & I have all this equipment laying around. I have a two channel counterpoint amp that I would like to use to drive one speaker.

How do I hook it up?
Any danger of blowing up either the speaker or the amp.
If I use both channels will the impence change & affect the sound?
Can you bridge you amp? if yes then just connect the output of you Processor center channel to the bridged input of your amp and them connect the appropriate terminals on your amp to the speaker. if not you can use one channel of your amp or you can even run a Y cable from your processor then by-wire your speaker. I guess you have many options that you must choose from.
good luck
I use a Classe Seventy, which cannot be bridged mono for my center channel. The Aerial model 5 I use for the center can be biwired so I just use a 'Y' connector from my processor and drive the tweeter with one channel and the woofer with the other. If your speaker is not birwirable and your amp will not bridge to mono you will have to use just one channel, and that will work just fine.
I had an Acurus A150 that I used for my center channel for awhile. I just used one channel (right)input and connected speaker to that side. Don't hook up anything to the unused side.
Should work fine. You may want to consult with the manufacturer first, though.
I use an aragon 8002 for my center channel amp..
It is fed via y connector at the amp end from the center output of the processor... both channels are utilized and
in essence, I am bi-amping my center channel... My center channel, or course allows for bi wire or bi amping...
Good Luck,
I,like several others "did" the bi-wire/amp.I did this with 5/6 different processors--over 8/9 years.I once had the Fosgate 3a--it had 2 center ch.outs.

I now have a Meridian 565 and for some reason it"hates" to drive a Y. So, I now use just the only bi-wire my AerialCC3. Truth be known,it sounds the same with just 1/2 a stereo amp.