Top Hat Tube Dampers?

I found a set of Top Hat Tube Dampers that I have never used, and would like to try them, but the glue that came with them is dried up. Does anyone know what type of glue originally came with them, or what brand of glue is safe to use as a replacement now?
In advance, thanks!
I have a pair also. I believe Andy said it was plain old Elmer's white wood glue.
Yes, it is Elmers. Two smallish drops, 45 degrees from indentation and opposite each other. I always let dry overnight before use. I used the Top Hats to wonderful effect in 90's when I had a tube-based preamp, and loved them.