$4000 to Spend on Amp, Preamp and USB DAC

So the title pretty much says it. Here's the proposition; Starting from scratch, for $4000, what is your idea of the best sounding pre-owned three component system (amp, preamp and USB DAC). The DAC or DAC/PRE will preferably have HT Bypass and definitely a remote). I listen to Rock, Pop, and Female Vocalists, and like to follow a driving bass line. Bottom Line; it must transport me to another dimension when I listen to my well recorded favorites. :)

Speakers - still the Dynuadio Contour S3.4
Cables - OCOS II
Interconnects - Anticables with Eichmann Bullet Plugs
Power Cords - Magic Power 1 meter
Source - AIFF files through iTunes
fredorama
If you get yourself a HiFace EVO USB to S/PDIF converter ($500) you can broaden the field of good DACs on the shopping list. The will sound at least as good as all but the best (and mostly out of your price range) USB DACs. You could then get a PS Audio perfectwave with volume control for less then 2,000, and still have 1,500 left good poweramps. for If you really want the USB DAC the Wired4Sound DAC4 is probably your best bet. Some of the best value for money poweramps in the 1,000 - 1,500 range range would be Odyssey Audio Stratos, but they are bulky. Getting used class D (Bel Canto 500s or two 300m) would work very well also.
Thanks everybody. Some excellent suggestions here! I have a USB to S/PDIF converter already from M-Audio.... Interesting idea/suggestion Edorr. That would indeed broaden my choices of high quality DACs. I think the route I am going generally, is the Dac with volume control (i.e. DAC/PRE) plus high powered (minimum 200 wpc into 8ohms) SS power amp. Bought and returned some Odysseys.... Still not sold on the ICE amps... Emotiva XPA2 anyone? Can a power amp for under $1000 really compare to the $4000 amps out there? Many Emotiva owners say yes... Then I could go out to dinner a few more times this year.
Audition a new April Music Stello i500 integrated amp with built-in DAC. Not only would you be hard-pressed to buy used components to equal it, you save the cost of two pairs of interconnects.
Johnny - that April Music piece looks fantastic! But ahh... the conundrum... to integrate or not to integrate?? That is the question.

UPDATE: I ordered a pair of Emotiva XPA-1s today ($2000) which I can audition for 30 days risk-free. That's 1000 wpc into 4 ohms -- and a total of 160 lbs of metal. Yikes! I also ordered a W4S DAC-2 for $1500, and a pair of Acoustic Zen Reference Matrix II balanced interconnects for $380. Total cost: $3880. Now wouldn't it be nice to get this type of performance from one stylish piece like the Stello i500? I honestly have no idea which would be better sonically. But I sure know which would be better ergonomically!

Perhaps I should audition it as well.
For a complete integrated approach, I haven't heard anything better than the Naim Uniti. I mentioned it earlier. If you have a Naim dealer nearby, it's a must audition IMO. Every review raved about. I usually take reviews with a golf ball sized grain of salt, but they're dead on with this product.