6C33-B vs everything else.

Ok this tube is making me wonder??? I know that BAT is running it in their tubes amps but I don't recall having the chance to hear BAT.

Can anyone tell me what the characteristics of this tube are? I am quite familliar with EL34, KT88, and 6550 output tubes so a compairison agianst one of those would be helpful.
kt_88
Hey Badboss429,

I like the look for the Quicksilver Triode. But would like to find one used as my budget wouldn't work for new. I have also found a few other amps that use this tube I'm looking at. I'm in no hurry I geuss. But ultimately I will buy something.

Atmasphere ( with a name like that you must be a OTL guy ) Nice to know about the socket for the 6C33-B. I would be curious if BAT and Quicksilver employ the American version. I'm guessing the cheaper priced amps defintely are not.
I've owned amps from Quicksilver and their quality (both performance and reliability) is fantastic and they are one of the best providers of service in the industry. If you can find one in your price range, I'd explore Badboss429's suggestion.

I owned a Joules Electra amp that utilized the 6c33c tubes. These amps were designed by a true artist who knows his stuff. The tube life within this circuit was quite lengthy. The sockets were without any problem, either in corrosion or contact spring issues. In part, I assume the reliability of these amps and the longevity & freedom from the issues described by Atmasphere is due to the reasonable bias currents utilized within the Joules design.

I had a bud who owned the Atmasphere 6c33c amps and their bias requirements were double what Joule uses. He had a need to replace the sockets about yearly and had constant tube issues.
KT 88, Call Mike Sanders at Quicksilver Audio and ask about tube and socket life. When I inquired, Mike told me that he runs the 6C33 at low stress levels and expects extremely long life out of both (in contrast to other manufacturers that push these tubes hard ex: Tenor and Lamm). Retail is $5800 for the pair, but a nice dealer demo pair could be had for $4200? World class performance for comparatively little money IMO.
I can vouch for my good friend Dennis' (Badboss429 - wish you didn't sell that Boss 429!) enthusiasm over the Quicksilver 6C33B monos.

We got together last Saturday so that he could get my impressions of them, I have to say they won me over. Enough power to do the job, terrific bass weight / extension / fullness, a great treble, and for him, the most important characteristic, a sweet, musical midband. To my ears, they offered the unique combination of what we seek in the EL34 tubes - midrange, with what the larger tubes provide - bass, with seemingly no tradeoffs. The blend of just enough richness, body, and liquidity with clarity and openness is a rare find. Not really sure of another amplifier at $5800 that bests them. You may have preference for a different flavor, but that would be just that, different, not better.

We're getting together soon to listen to them side by side with my Jadis and AtmaSphere amps - definitely a murderer's row of amplification. I'm sure it'll be another fun day.

By the way, AtmaSphere is not an OTL guy, he is THE OTL guy - Ralph Karsten, owner of AtmaSphere.