A good amp for Tannoy speakers

Hello

Looking for suggestions and advice on a good Tube OR SS amp for my recently acquired Tannoy Kensington speakers (10" dual concentric driver). I love the sound of tubes hence I would prefer tubes amps but I am also very interested in trying out a smooth and musical SS amp. My budget is <= $5K.
My present tube amp is the Audio Aero Capitol amp and it doesnt have the power and control for the Tannoys. I listen quite loud sometimes.

Thank You
nakolawala
McIntosh-Audio Classics sells Tannoy and are great people to deal with. They can answer your questions on which amp.
I am using a MC352 with Khorns and it is the most musical amp that I have ever owned. Best of luck! www.audioclassics.com
Hello Nakolawala. Even though the Tannoy's are a fairly efficient load with a relatively begnin impedance, they are rather sensitive to the choice of amplifiers, tube amps in particular as many don't have the grip or control over the bass driver that a good solid state amplifier will exhibit. Many tannoy users have discovered that a high current amp is a better fit. I too am a tube guy, voicing the tannoy with a solid state amplifier is a lot more complex in my honest opinion. High power is really not required if the amplifier has sufficient current. The Brystons work quite well and their smallest amp [the 2b]sounds better than their higher powered offerings on the tannoys. The older classe DR3 VHC is another good fit. In the tube amp arena.... You may have to consider choosing a higher powered amplifier or perhaps a tube amp with a stiffer power supply. Most el34 based amps are just not up to the task in the power supply department. I use the el-34 based Vac pa90c's with my Westminsters, however they push well over 100 watts with a huge power supply reserve. You may also want to consider bi-amping the Tannoys, running the Audio Aero on the top and a solid state amp on the bass driver. Best of luck!