A Love and Hate relationship - Ortofon

So as you might be aware I am slowly going through the upgrade process on my TT.

As everyone else does I have been looking at upgrading the Cart/Stylus due to the nature of my Ortofon OM cart and Thakker 10 stylus. 

Playing my normal array of music, 70's stuff and then I moved onto some of my other collection (Drum and Bass) 90's and 00's era. The thing sounds so different, more open and just a lot better. This could that its still running in, done about 10 odd hours now, but not sure if this is something that is part of this whole process with vinyl?

Thanks
bur70n
Your d’n’b records are compressed, it’s electronic music made for the clubs, records are pressed loud. This is what you call better compared to the 70’s stuff (live music) ??

Live music is more complicated, you need a decent cartridge to enjoy live music on vinyl. I would advice to buy some great MM cartridge if you really want to hear full potential of live music on old records.

If the electronic music sounds better in your system compared to a very well mastered live music from the 70/80s then something wrong with the system. In my experience it’s totally different, the electronic music is liveless, flat, boring. While the live music is 3D, dynamic, wide and deep. The real world is analog, not digital, very few electronic records sounds good, mostly because there are some live instuments over the electronic beat.
The drum and bass was an example of today's listening, I had The War on Drugs before that which sounded cold. 

Sound stage is there just felt a little off, like it was trying, better is just 

I love that era of music, 70's I have a lot in my collection and some sound better than others. Manfred Mann, Roaring Silence etc. 

But when listening to Queen it was a little less. Could be that there is still more bedding in to be done. 
Do not expect spectacular sound if your cartridge is Ortofon OM, also each records sounds different (pressing, mastering etc). 
This is what I am coming to conclusion that it looks like a time to change the cart/stylus 

The next part to change to what, Shure, Audio Technica or Goldring