Absorption, Diffusion or a combination of it all?

Looking to add more acoustic treatment on the wall behind the speakers. Currently using GIK absorption panels (242). 
Planning to add two more panels that would hang pretty much directly behind the speakers on the upper part of the wall (higher quality image on my system page). 
Any benefit going with diffusors?

Thanks!!!

128x128audphile1

So the best combo seems to be the corner tri traps(range limited) and the 244 panels behind the speakers with 242 treating first reflections on the sides.
Cloud/ceiling panels on the way. Will post an update once installed.
Updated system photos. 

I’m considering Planar speakers. Any recommendations as to room treatment? Right now, with my Focal Sopra 2's I have ASC bass tube traps in the corners and Stillpoints Aperture ll’s in the center, 1st and 2nd reflection points.

I know Planars will have different room acoustic requirements, any help in that regard would be appreciated.

ozzy

@ozzy - I'd recommend trying the planar speakers with your current room acoustics setup to start with and see what you think. I've found that I prefer diffusors behind my dipole speakers without any absorption, but every room is different and some people have found they prefer absorbing the much of the backwave. 

After getting them set up, I'd try removing the Stillpoint panels behind the speakers and seeing if you like the sound better. If so, this probably points to switching to pure diffusors.

jaytor,

Thanks, some good advice. Should I also remove the ASC tube traps?

What type of diffusors do you recommend?

ozzy

@ozzy - I'd leave the tube traps in the corners. I like the ATS QRDs. I wrapped these with Guilford of Maine cloth and they look quite nice, but you might prefer the wood look. See my virtual system page to see how they look with cloth wrap. I have 4ft wide floor to ceiling diffusors behind the speakers. 

I think the Vicoustic Multifusors are also pretty nice if you prefer the look. These are deep enough to provide fairly wide band diffusion.