ALON V Mk II what did you replace them with?

If you have ever had ALON V Mk IIs and then moved on to another speaker, what did you eventually end up with and why are they better than the ALONs?

I love my ALON V Mk IIs but you always wonder what might be better. Lately I have been wondering about upgrading...but to what? That is why I'm interested in anyone who has had the ALON V Mk IIs and moved on. What did you get and why was it better?

rova
rova
Purchased them based on their good reviews (a dumb reason to purchase anything).
Owned them for several years and upgraded them based on advice from Carl, with Alnico drivers and better external crossovers but never achieved the sound I wanted.
Probably didn't get the amplification right since I used SS amps but suspect they perform better with tubes - although they also need some power due to their low'ish sensitivity.
Finally replaced them with something I found to be more dynamic  with more drive, and better suited to the music I listen to - Aerial Model 9s.
Eventually moved to Aerial LR5s with two SW12 subs and high powered amplification and I am now perfectly happy.
Thanks mitch2.  That is exactly the sort of response I wanted to hear (hopefully I can get a couple more people's experience).  I am driving mine with Simaudio W-5 which some people think sounds a little more tube like.  I will check out some info on the Aerials as I am not familiar with that line.  

I found the Alon's very flexible and you can balance out the sound by placement and also by using pad's in the mid and treble lines to adjust the shelfing to suit.  The only thing that I would like is a little more upper bass to fill out the bottom end of voices so they are a little fuller more relaxed.
I learned it is important to select speakers that work well in reproducing the types of music you mostly listen to, and then finding an appropriate amplifier to drive them.  Reviews and opinions of others only go so far - only you can decide on the type of sound you like so you need to listen to as many speakers as possible.  FYI - here is a review of the LR5s and SW12s by Michael Fremer.