Thanks all for the input so far. Here's a bit of an update...I stopped into the local shop where I picked up my speakers (Reference 3A) and he was kind enough to create a setup that mimics most of my system at home: Same speakers, same Bel Canto preamp, and I was able to listen to a couple different amps in this system.
* Bel Canto REF 500 S - Very nice, but sounded pretty similar to my current PS Audio Trio A100. Not what I'm looking for.
* Parasound A21 - This was a step in the right direction. More warmth for sure than my PS Audio, and no harshness in the highs like I've got now. Musical and easy to listen to. But, soundstage was a little compressed and not as much air around the instruments & vocals...the PS Audio bests the A21 on these criteria. Also, the amp is physically huge. Overall though, I did like it.
* Linn Majik 2100 - Out of my price range but probably attainable used. Outstanding detail and soundstaging, great dynamics. Not particularly warm but still more lifelike than my PS Audio for sure. The guy at the shop loves Linn stuff and thinks it's a no-brainer...I liked it a lot but in some way it wasn't quite a slam-dunk. I would give it a shot if I found a good deal on a used one.
So based on some online research, listening sessions, and the ideas you've all put forth, here's a short list I've compiled:
* Parasound A23 or A21
* McIntosh MC7100
* Odyssey Audio Khartago
* Linn Majik 2100
* Conrad Johnson Sonographe or MF-series
* VTL ST85 (still curious about tubes...there's a local dealer where I can probably hear one of these just to check it out)
If anyone has thoughts on the above short list, let me know, and thanks again!