Andrew Singer Of "Sound by Singer" passed away yesterday

Andy Singer who owned an audio store in Manhattan and was also a lawyer, passed away yesterday.  I was friends with him on Facebook and found him to be quite a fascinating person.  He was opinionated and was never afraid to speak his mind.  He knew a lot about high end audio and much more.  I will miss him. Rest in Peace Andy.

128x128stereo5

Andy knew his audio and was a very bright man. I always enjoyed talking with him--although if we talked long enough he could usually convince me to spend more and get better. I was sorry to see his downtown store close but I did manage to purchase his custom made (in Brooklyn) audio display stand which resided along the side wall in his "high end room"--the one with the Focal Grande Utopias. It now houses 12 audio components in my NYC apt living room. I'm reminded of him often. RIP Andy.

When I lived in CT I bought a lot of stuff from Singer. Great place. I doubt it was due to my Rolex...My Patek maybe?

@stereo5 

Well I guess we all have different experiences, My first (and only) visit to Sound by Singer I was not so politely asked to leave the store by one of the salesman, which I did.

BTW, they refused to play any piece of equipment!

I guess I must have left my Rolex at home...LOL.

+1 @czarivey 

RIP Andy.

Regards,

barts