Anyone hear the Class D Audio Mini GaN 5 amp yet?

Looks intriguing but not much out there on it yet so wondering if anyone here has had a chance to hear it or, even better, had a chance to compare it to other amps. Thinking of taking a flier on this amp given the tech and price, but we all know implementation is everything so looking for some real-world impressions before ponying up any dough. Also, please let’s not make this yet another measurement debate — I’m purely interested in sonic impressions here so take your measurement comments elsewhere. Thanks.
soix
I have two on order (to use as monoblocks)
Did you check with the manufacturer to see if they can be bridged into monoblocks??? As many can’t, and will blow up on turn on.

Also "if" they can be bridged, the wattage yes will be higher, but all the other parameters that make for a good sounding amp goes down when stereo amps are bridged, and they actually sound worse just louder.

Cheers George
Thanks George, I don't believe they can be bridged and I don't plan to. Each GaN amp will be driving a 16-ohm Altec 416 (95 db? 98 db?) so no need for more power.
I did check with the manufacturer and was told no issue with running just one channel.

sebrof

Ok so your only going to use one channel of each amp, and leave the other unused??

If so you could go these true mono’s for the same price as two of those
https://orchardaudio.com/mono
Cheers George

I received the Mini Gan 5 amps 2 days ago and I’ve got some listening in.

After thinking about it I realize that I may not be a good reference for these amps for 2 reasons: 1. I am using them only below 800 Hz (I have a 2A3 amp for the highs) and 2. I have no other reference for any other amplifier in this system except for a pair of Quicksilver M-60 PPP Kt-88 monoblocks that I’ve been running for years.

But having said that… 

These guys are no joke. I have lots more listening to do but at this point I believe they sound better than the tube amps and I have no desire to swap back. The bass is much cleaner and tighter as I suppose would be expected, but it’s not lean IMO. Sound is nice and full but not tubby which the tube amps could be on certain songs at certain (higher) volume. I don’t hear any of the negatives associated with Class D amps but no way for me to tell if I would hear that with any other Si class D amp, or a class A/B amp for that matter.

As is for all things of this nature time will tell, I may completely change my mind after some more listening. And how these amps do playing above 800 Hz I have no idea. But for $750 I’m impressed, and a bit surprised.