Anyone upgrade to the Merason Dac1 mkii?

I was wondering if any Merason Dac1 owners have upgraded to the Mkii version? 

If so, I’d love to hear your impressions. How would you describe the audible differences? Would you recommend doing it? Was it an improvement or simply “different?” 

128x128bluethinker

@ricco275  Maybe you can call or email Merason with the serial number to get the ID sorted out

@facten yes that’s what I intend to do. Maybe it’s an mk1 and they were already releasing new chassis. 

@ricco275 @facten 

Yes, that would be the fastest way to make sure.  @ricco275 Thanks for sharing the update of the changes with the new preamp.  Your findings are concordant with what I have observed over the last couple of years, especially since we started carrying some of the very high end DACs.  The perceived differences between DACs are very dependent how resolving your system is as well as how dialed in your system is from a proper set up.  The more resolving your system is, the easier it is to hear the differences and the improvements.  If your system is set up properly, it is easier to hear the improved imaging and spatial information that a better DAC can provide.  Component synergy also plays a role.  That's why we feel the best way to know is audition the gear in your own home and in your own system.