Audio Experience tube preamp

First of all let me state that I'm not an expert on tube equipment. In fact I've never had any before. I was one of the ones that was happy as can be that transistors had come to the front. I grew up with tubes and learned to hate them. TV sets were always screwing up and in constant need of repair. To make a long story short, I ran into an ad by YS Audio in Hong Kong for a deal on a line level preamp that was listed as a promotion for $300 instead of the regular $700. I know that to some of you that this is too low to even consider, but it seemed like a good way to find out what this tube stuff is all about.
I got the unit today and hooked it up to my Creek {5350}integrated amp, by yanking out the "u" bars on the back. I was in no way prepard for what I heard. I know that the superlatives get thrown around a lot on this site, but it was and is outstanding. It seemed like the music just opened up. Especially the dynamic range on all types of music. I have no idea if the numbers support this or not. I frankly could not care less what the numbers and stats say, because I hear a huge difference. It's kind of ironic because that's what people say about all kinds of things like DAC's and cables, and I have been completely underwhemed by these. Straining for hours to see if a certain cable improved "presence" or "soundstage" or "definition" This was a real improvement, and the thing's not even broken in yet. The manual says 100 hours to "bed in" {the writing is a hoot} Anyone else ever dealt with this outfit?
elmuncy
Elmuncy, I, too, have the Music Mk II preamp (the $300 factory-direct model) and am pleased with it. I was thinking about selling it and my old Belles amplifier to go with a decent integrated, but I have also considered upgrading my amp. The only reason I would go integrated is to get better integration with my home theater setup and to have remote control. I have been looking at the Anthem Integrated 2 used, and it looks to have everything I need. I really want a home theater passthrough so I can use my ht receiver more easily with my mains being run with different amplification. Anyway, when I got the preamp I was very pleased with my first foray into tubes. I think I will strive to keep some of this sound in my system no matter how it progresses. They seem like high quality pieces for the direct price he is offering direct while he tries to market abroad from HK.
Oh, and of course, I forgot to add that I am still a little surprised that you heard such an improvement (in your opinion) over a highly regarded integrated - the Creek. It makes me lean toward my option of upgrading my amplifier only, and keep the Audio Experience. Thanks.
I purchased the Audio Expressions Symphonies pre amp for $380 on Ebay from YS Audio. It lists on their web site for $995. I owned a Conrad Johnson PV 4 before that I really liked but this preamp blew it away. If the Conrad Johnson was a $795 preamp in 1983 which is like what $1600 now, this Audio Expressions preamp should be $2500. The build quality is excellent. Silver wiring and point to point soldering. No circuit boards here. This amp probably would cost at least $2500 if made in the US to get this quality. The sound is remarkable. Detailed, good soundstage and openess. I definately think I got a steal.