Audio Kinesis Swarm Subwoofer Awarded 2019 Golden Ear Award by Robert E. Greene

Recognizing member and contributor @audiokinesis for this award!!!

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2019-golden-ear-awards-robert-e-greene/
david_ten
@davekayc - Did you place the sub up on the listening chair itself or on the floor where the chair would be located? Interesting (and clever!) that placing a sub down the stairwell enhanced impact of the lower bass. 

Hello all,

I was following this thread but it now seems like something mysterious happened to make it somehow be out of sequence and therefore no longer easy to follow.

I posting this on Sunday morning on 10/17/19 just as a test to find out sequentially whether it is placed properly.  If it's properly placed as the last and most recent post, perhaps this post can serve as a marker so we can then continue this thread's discussion in a normal subsequent progression, meaning one after the next with the last post being the most recent.
     We shall see.

Tim

Hello all,

Well, my first test post today, 11/17/19, confirms that Audiogon seems to have a system malfunction that places the most recent post on a thread first sequentially which is the exact opposite of how post sequencing has been handled here previously for years. 

Did I miss the notice that Audiogon decided to change the sequencing of posts?  If so, somebody made a real bone-head decision that suddenly throws a huge monkey wrench in their forum functionality. 
    I find it hard to imagine the administrators of this forum would be this dim-witted but I'll need to wait and see.

Tim 
@noble100 Hi Tim, I've got a "sort" option at the top of the thread that allows you to flip the order back and forth from "most recent first" to "oldest first."
@audiokinesis Also, I just wanted to thank Duke for being so open and upfront about what he does and the products he uses to build the swarm.  Based on his postings, I purchased a pair of the Dayton Audio SA1000 subwoofer amplifiers to try on my Coincident Pure Reference Extreme subwoofer cabinets.  

Over the past year and a half I've struggled mightily to extract bass from these speakers despite using many different amplifiers ranging from 8 - 250 watts (and 300B SET, Class A, OTL, and Digital topologies).  Adding in the Daytons on the subwoofers was a revelation that finally allowed me to hear them as designed. 

I'm using a 25W DIY First Watt F4 (or SIT3) on the head units and the 500W Daytons on the subs and they finally sound like the reference speaker they're supposed to be... and I am not losing imaging coherence as I have in previous attempts at biamping.  The adjustments on the sub amps have allowed me to nicely dial them in for system matching.  Not a ton of Coincident PRE owners out there, but I think anyone with this speaker simply must try out the amps to see what they're missing/getting with their current amplification.  The 45 day trial period makes it risk free.

Thanks for posting Duke, I so appreciate what you bring to the community.