Audio Research Mark 1or 2, Super Tubes or rolling?

I am putting together an AR system and opinions are very devided about the newer AR equipment that uses the new "Super Tubes" or rather their older mark 1 components that are designed for tube rolling. Which sound better? I know that is a relative question. I have heard both at different times, but never done a side by side comparison. Some like the warmer, more tube sound of the Mark 1 series while others like the newer sound of the newer Mark 2 components. I would like some opinions of which you prefer and what your experiences are with the newer and older AR series. Thanks.
dougd1015
The "super tubes" cannot be "rolled" and to some are more "neutral".There are some "very neutral" NOS tubes that can be used.One gives you an option to "tailor",the other does not.
Thanks for your response Rsorren1. I am thinking of trying something a little different this time and try the Martin Logan electrostats Vantage speakers. I have owned the humble, yet nice SP 16 before and I really thought it was a wonderful entry level tube pre. I am sort of staring over again.
Thanks for your response Rsorren1. I am thinking of trying something a little different this time and try the Martin Logan electrostats Vantage speakers. I have owned the humble, yet nice SP 16 before and I really thought it was a wonderful entry level tube pre. I am sort of starting over again.
dougd1015,
If you are thinking of running Martin-Logan elecrostatics, look into a VT-200 MKII amp. I've seen a few on A'gon. I would match the VT-200 and ML Vantage with a Ref 2 MKI or II and the ARC CD3. Nice system. Good luck with it.