AV Receiver good enough for high end audio?

Have any of you found a modern AV receiver whose sound quality is so good that you are satisfied using it as your high end audio system? Did you toss aside your tube amp and just equip the front of your HT with a finer pair of speakers, a high end DAC, and done?
artmaltman

Something you don't know is the Sunfire gear was produced 6 miles from my home. I've met Bob, he's been in my home. Bob believes his amps excel at driving ML's. It's not a big deal, he's a normal guy like all of us. I stand by my statement. The Ultimate is good enuf to stand alone for anyone who desires a quality receiver to do it all. It even has a phono input. Case closed, except for naysayers that don't know the product.
Coltrane1 (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

Sounds like you may a personal interest in getting people to buy one.

10-22-10: Coltrane1
Bummer! B&K is toast!!!???

I'm getting this info just days AFTER acquiring a 507 S2 receiver. Oh well, time to blow it out if there's not going to be any support for a bit. It's been confirmed that ATI is buying all of B&K's assets.

So the question now becomes how will ATI eventually support B&K owner's needing repairs?
Coltrane1 (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

More personal interest for talking people into buying the B&K.
The Kool Aid Carver crowd still exists? I thought Carver was for know nothings on EBAY.
Oh that's a good one Hifi...Beware, your slip is showing...that's an awfully huge assumption. The man is retired, he or I could give a hoot what you or anyone thought of the gear he previously produced. If you must know I met him as a result of having a component repaired by his repair facility. People who assume their own facts always amaze me. Is there lil' wonder this country is mired down in two wars and just a hair's breath away from the Chinese owning everything. Do you vote? :)

I don't encourage anyone to buy anything. Again, and for the final time, I'm commenting on my personal experiences with said gear. What someone chooses to buy with their own hard earned dollar is their business. I stay out of that. The real distinction between our comments is, I've owned and thoroughly heard what the components in question are capable of. You've established that you've not heardn or owned them, yet you're encouraging others not to sample a product you yourself have no personal knowledge of. Oh, that's just brilliant!

Which ML? Take your pick, I've owned all the first and most of the 2nd generation speakers, and Vantages from the 3rd generation. My currents are CLSiiz's, but not in the home theater room.

Some folks on these forums just enjoy being cantankerous, no matter the subject matter. I get it...peace out!
Coltrane1,The Sunfire Ultimate wouldn't drive seven ML speakers,and it would be nice to know what seven ML speakers yours drove without any problems.Would you want someone spending their money to find out,the receiver has a problem driving some 4 ohm speakers times seven?The magazine review confirmed that also. According to your other thread,*you* are not happy with the USA.I was not talking politics.Is the Sunfire made in the USA?