Avalon Eidolon Diamond-Worth it?

Hi,
I love my Avalon Eidolon and was wondering if it's worth the price of admission to upgrade to the Diamond model.
Nick
nickt
Hello Nickt,

For me it was most certainly worth it. Have you had the chance for yourself to compare the two in the same room and system?

I can tell you that the Eidolon Diamond is a better speaker in every area of performance. Only you can say if it is worth the extra $$$ "for you".

best,
Tom
Thanks Tom. I was hoping to get a pair of Isis one day but they never show up used on Audiogon. : (
I could never afford the Isis new from a dealer. I have not heard the Diamond anywhere period but they are within my reach new from a dealer. What amp do you use w/ your speakers?
Nick
Tom,

If you don't mind, I have a question for your regarding the differences between the regular Eidolon and the Diamond version. (Nick, I hope you don't mind my slightly hi-jacking your thread!)

The specifications for the regular Eidolon, (I assume it is the same as the new Eidolon Vision), state it goes down to 26 hz. (I'll be honest and state I really thought it only went down to about 30 hz, based upon listening to it). The specifications for the Diamond version states it goes down to 24 hz.

Question: Can you really tell the difference between the two as far as their bass response is concerned?
I ask, because the bass response on the regular version, while very good, was not great. (And it took a powerful amp (200+ wpc) to get to that level.) If the Diamond really does go down to 24, that would probably be sufficient for my needs.

I am looking for a more full range speaker than my Revel Studios, and the regular Eidolon had about the same bass response as my Studio.) The mid-range and the soundstaging/imaging on the Eidolons was always pretty spectacular (IMHO), so if the Diamonds can just give me that last bit of bass response, I would be interested in them.

Thanks for the help!