B&W 801D or 802Ds

Basically, I would like your impressions of both of these speakers. I have gone out and heard them, but not side by side, and either one would be a most excellent choice. However, I would like to know from owners of these speakers what are the strengths and weaknesses of the 2.

I do prefer the big woofers of the 801D, but the 802D might have tighter bass. Also, I've looked for the 801Ds and I haven't found them anywhere on the used market. Not even here on Audiogon this summer.

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to the discussion.
dave_72
Hmm...sounds like the 801Ds are the better choice. I agree that they're harder to drive, and that would require more power than what I've got on hand (300W into 8 Ohms, 500 into 4 Ohms) I'll either go with Bryston, Pass Labs, or something else altogether. But, that shouldn't be a problem, really. As far as the 800Ds, I entertained them, but they're too pricey for me new. Anyone know if there's any old stock of the 801Ds floating around?
"That two woofer thing in per channel does not work so well" is one of those sweeping statments that is almost always wrong. My Gamut L5s have two, my friends Sasha have two, my Mini Utopias had two etc. Sure, two can sound bad; one can sound bad. All the D'Apaleto [ can't spell it] designs have two woofers; are they ALL bad?
Dave72

regarding s/hand 801s, talk to Jack Tozzi at Spearit Sound. They are some of the best audio dealers i have ever done business with...for 10+ years. Please send him my regards. Based in Massachusetts.

Lloyd Lee
In my opinion, the 801D is too much speaker for your room. The 802D is probably too much for the room as well.