Bel Canto eVo vs. BAT VK-60/75/, VK-200/500/1000

There are some people who feel Bel Canto eVo series digital Tripath technology amplifiers perfectly blend SET tube sound with main virtues of high quality solid state amps. All in one efficient (and not very expensive) design.

For some others the same holds true for BAT VK-200/500/1000 bridged single ended solid state amps designed with only two gain stages.
Sonicaly, they are not so distant from the BAT VK-60/75 tube amps, possesing additional virtues of unbelievably solid bass and convinience of solid state.

What is your experience?

Have you had a chance to compare the Bel Canto eVo series and BAT VK-200/500/1000?
And what about VK-60/75/75SE in comparaison to the solid state designs with "tube-like" sound???
mrgigi
I had a vk 200, then a vk60 now a vk75se. the 200 is a great amp for the $$'s does everything well. The vk60 take the midrange to a whole new level in depth, transparency, etc. Soundstage is much better depth, width, placement Cost is slight bit more noise than ss.

The vk75se, takes the midrange another step, plus everything else! It's a much much better amp than the 60 or the 200. Noise floor drops significantly.
I have had a couple of Evos, a Spectron, a bunch of SETs and PP tube amps, and a bunch of solid state amps. What I find common in all of the digital amps I have heard is great detail, amazing clarity, huge dynamics, but an unrealistic sense of depth. When you hear something through an analog amp, be it tube or solid state, something in the background sounds distant, and provides for a realistic sense of depth. With digital amps, instruments and voices sound like they are the same loudness and clarity as the instruments and vocals towards the front of the soundstage. They still image in the rear of the soundstage, but it just doesn't sound natural. I also hear an abbreviated decay in string and percussion instruments with digital amps. I think SETs, solid state, and digital amps are all different animals, no matter what comparisons someone makes. They all sound different, and you may love or hate any one of them.
Glreno: So what are you currently using in your system? What's your amp of choice? What do you listen to? TIA
Listen to everything. Just sold a Wyetech Topaz and ASL Hurricanes...both great amps with the right speakers. On the trail of ss now, as my new speakers aren't tube friendly. I am using a modified Altis CDT3 tranport, DCS Purcell and Elgar Plus 1394 straight into amps I haven't found yet. Speakers are Roman Audio Centurions. Fabulous speakers, but do not work with tubes. Bought some Monarchy SE 160s to use in the meantime that are amazingly good. I am considering the following amps: Ayre K5X, Linn Klimax Twin, Gamut D200 M2, Pass X150.5, Clayton M100s. Price range up to $6000. Any experience with these or suggestions?