Benchmark LA4 Preamp?

I’m seriously considering buying this $2,500 solid-state preamp and looking for input from anyone who owns or has heard this preamp.  The LA4 is identical to their HPA4 unit just without the headphone amp.

From all the reviews and Benchmark’s site that I’ve read, this seems like an extremely low noise and neutral preamp that may be a very good match for my extremely low noise, neutral and high powered class D D-Sonic M3-600-M monoblock amps that I use to drive a pair of Magnepan 2.7QR 4 ohm speakers.
My main source for 2-ch music is a Lumin D2 dac/streamer for music files and Tidal streaming. For HT, I’ll be using a yet to be determined 4K Bluray player as I’m also transforming from an Oppo 105 1080p player and 1080p hdtv to 4K. The LA4 has caught my attention since it has dual balanced XLR inputs to accommodate the XLR outputs of the Lumin D2 and whatever new Bluray player I choose. I plan on ordering the optional remote for the LA4 which would allow easy selection between music or HT as well as being a low noise, low distortion and neutral conduit for both.

I really appreciate any input on the LA4, or even options for a high quality Bluray player with balanced outputs, that you’re able to offer.

Thanks,
Tim
128x128noble100
@nedkuehn You did what I am hoping to do with the HPA4. I was going to get the Mola Mola Makua at close to $20K but I kept reading that the LA4 is like a $20K preamp and also silent like the Makua. So I tried the HPA4 and I came to the same conclusion you did. I took it one step further by buying the AHB2 amp a few weeks ago and hope to get delivery next week. The plan was to get a Luxman m900u or Coda #16 to flavor the sound, but since the HPA4 was so good I wanted to give the AHB2 a try for 1/5th the cost. Even if I want that additional flavor with the amps I have a second system where the AHB2 can be used.

There are a few folks on Whats Best Forum having both a $20K preamps and the LA4, that are stating the same observations as you. They also have very expensive sources components and amps.
I feel that this a killer product that the Audiophile’s will ignore. Price is not the issue, performance is what is so important. I have a very expensive system, yet my ears tell me that this kit is one to beat. I am not in a race to the top, I what is the best regardless of price. I spent heavily on the DAC aspect as that will break or make the music. Long ago I was heavily invested in records. I find the platform flawed. Most new recordings on records are from digital masters. Some reviewers on these recordings indicate that the vinyl version is better than the digital versions. How can that be? There must be some degree alterations on the recordings that translates to vinyl that changes ones perception. I in the past to have found vinyl to have a certain homogeneity that is pleasing, yet not totally accurate. Ear candy, but not totally accurate. Digital I find a bit ruthless, yet not lacking with the right kit. I guess one needs to chose their on poison. I will not judge as each has their way to experience the brilliant world of music. 
Way off subject, but I find the MBL101E MKII speakers are so real to music. I have had a pile of speakers over the years, rather expensive dynamic and electrostatics, yet nothing has achieved a holistic experience to sound as these. I find most, if not all, dynamic speakers today to be dry and forward. Planar speakers are always quick, but a bit lacking due to backward room energy and sound pressure. I guess I have found my sweet spot with a true omnidirectional speaker. It simply sounds like real music. There is no precise imaging as a dynamic speaker. I have yet to attend a concert that had precise imaging. I find this to be an artifact of our current site of affairs. I had played in band and orchestra in years past, there is no laser imaging, the music should flow as as a gestalt of the group. Yea, a horn or other soloist will stand out, but the ensemble will play as one. Today’s goals are dissection rather exploration of the gestalt of the musical experience (wether jazz, orchestra, reggae, electronic, pop, rock, etc.) I listen to all (even at nearly 64y). 
@nedkuehn - Benchmark is selling the LA4 | HPA4 | AHB2 very well. I have made 3 orders in the last 4 months and they are always running out. I hope to get my amp this month after ordering it 3 weeks ago. I inquired with Rory Rail, sales guy at Benchmark, about it and he said sales are very strong. It is not just supply constraints. So audiophiles may skip the Benchmark gear but a lot of others are not.

I believe I heard your MBL speaker at a show and also the a few other omni speakers at various shows. Loved them. I had an Audience 1+1 V3 speaker, which is an omni, but never could get it right due to space constraints. However, I think I was also prejudiced about what the correct sound was, imagining, soundstage, etc... I should have remembered the speaker my dad had when I was a kid, the Allison 2. It put music out all over the room unlike most current speakers. Loved the music back then and never thought a second about imaging, soundstage, etc...
I should add, for those tempted,  that Music Direct allows a 60 day home trial (instead of the usual 30 days) and seems to have very good customer service.