Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
The great thing is that young musicians still like the blues so there will always be more to enjoy - like this talented young man Kenny Wayne Shepherd
wow.. glad i read this one. objective analysis is impossible. you can not measure art with data, nice parlor room conversation but come on. subjectively everyone here is entitled to their opinion. the blues genre has been interpreted, innovated, hybrydized, reinvented, redefined, and copied for a few hundred years. no one can define who is the best. when? where? what night? what recording? what condition was the audience in? what guitar was being used that night? who was the guitar tech? ha, it is like the famous judge said when he remarked i can,t define obscenity but know it when i see it. to say buddy guy isn,t the best of his generation is absurd. bet muddy waters would pick buddy again but what did he know? ha. it;s like if your football team needed a touchdown to be the best ever would you give the ball to jim brown or walter payton.the answer is either one. i do love these arguments. thanks. buddy guy plays with more energy than anyone i have ever seen or listened to in 50 years. this is why i love him and he can still do it now,,,tonight somewhere so by default he is the best tonight, right?!!! if technique was the criteria i guess i would be listening to van halen or via,,, both boring. give buddy a break. and for my last broadside musicians generally have the worst stereo systems on earth so what do they know about about audio sound quality and reproduction of stereo ? they love playing music. every musician that ever came to my home or store was blown away by the sound i have. so their opinion about musicians has to be taken with a grain of salt. i,m going to be blasted now ha john
Clapton had great respect for Peter Green. I heard him talk about Peter Green in an interview many years ago.
We can argue over some of the stuff Clapton has done over the years but his couple of years with Cream were historic. I was at the Winterland concert the weekend Crossroads and Spoonful were recorded at the Fillmore for Wheels of Fire. They remain the finest live blues/rock recordings ever made. The band brought blues/rock to a level that's never really been equaled even by Led Zepplin or any others since. The great Peter Green deserves further discussion but I've run out of space.
what is the best peter green cd to start with? does he have a retrospective sampler available? would one start with a live or studio selection.? thanks