Best CD player under $2000

I have enough cd’s to justify a new or newer one, just not home through the week to invest in streaming. Current player is a Myryad Z-122 nice little unit that has served me well. Using a Jolida FX Glass Tube DAC at the moment.
micthurst
danvignau
RE: Tidal is lossless. Well, not really.
That's probably technically true, because of Tidal's reliance on MQA.
Tidal and other streaming services, must compress to fit a lot of channels into a small stream.
Oh no, that's mistaken. Qobuz, for instance, is hi-res and completely uncompressed.
I have never heard a streaming service that compares to the best in home sources, at least on good recordings. IMnsHO, anyone who touts such has not heard a really good system.
Perhaps you should go back and check your streamer and DAC settings, because - as you state - you're somehow listening to compressed audio.
Bought a used Mac MVP891 ($5000) for $2500 and am sorry I did. The transport tray was wonky from day one, and and is now sitting and waiting for repair. I am a fan of OPPO. That said I bought Panasonic DP-UB 9000 for $1000 and could not be happier. The Pan is missing SACD but otherwise is great IMOP.  
the Denafrips Avatar transport mentioned earlier is actually about $1200, the website lists prices in Singapore dollars...
The best CD player under $2000 is a $300 pro grade CD player, like a Tascam, with an optical feed to your favorite DAC.