Best Examples Of Cymbal Decays On A Recording

Pleas provide an example of any recording with an outstanding cymbal decay.

...or, any recording that gives an excellent example that showcases a decay of a particular sound...whether a vocal or anything else.

Thank you.

128x128mitch4t

@bdp24 -

During the playback of a track (whether in recording or mixing), the engineer will run his tape, A/B-ing the sound with that of a current best-selling song. He then manipulates the sound of his recording with a number of pieces of outboard gear (and of course his mixing board), all in his attempt to make the recording sound as much like a current hot song or album as possible. No references to the sound of live music at all, purely subjective.  

I have not doubt: there are those following such a practice.      Happily: none I've ever met.

Certainly: not my method!

I totally agree with rbstehno I have found my nirvana with A custom Speaker System using  a heil AMT with a very fast 4” driver (best possible  crossover)  coupled with a pair of open  baffle subs power by a powerful class d amp across the board from symbols to base it is just pristine and involving

Louie Bellson and his Jazz Orchestra "East Side Suite". Lots of well recorded cymbals. Love seeing T-bone Burnett and Bruce Cockburn both mentioned here. Two of my favorites. I have the copy of Truth Decay from Takoma records and have always loved "Driving Wheel".