Bookshelf speakers $500 -$700

Hi all,

I am wondering if I could get some advice on a pair of bookshelf speakers to pair with an Anthem MCA20 Power Amp/TLP1 Pre. Looking for something versatile (mostly rock and jazz, with some classical thrown in).

Budget is between $500 and $700.

Thanks,
Jim
jdstrawn
+1 Silverline Minuets. Heard them at a show several years ago and was astounded as was most everyone else in the room. Imaging was first rate, and they even did a credible job of placing a stand-up bass in the room with great weight, tonality, and micro/macro dynamics. Best of luck.
The best available at that price are,as others have said, are
the Silverline and Rega 1.
Silverline a bit better all-rounder, the Rega is superb on acoustic music
Second Johnny,
LSA-1 monitors in black ash with a close out sale for $499.99 brand new. These speakers sold for $1,300.00 not so long ago. Rave reviews! It's like Christmas in July!

If not, the Silverline Minuets as Schubert recommended but I believe the LSA-1will be more suitable with rock music.

Just my opinion.
In that budget active studio monitors are the real deal . regardless of brand . Mackie , adam , focal ,genelac , ect ... all sound better than any HiFi offerings I have ever heard . Flat response , which means nothing stands out ,,bass will not over power mids and highs , treble will not stand out over mids and highs . very cohesive . Give them a try you will not be disappointed .