Borresen Loudspeakers

Had the opportunity to attend the launch event of the Borresen X1 loudspeakers last night in Chicago @nextlevelhifi ​​​​​with @jays_audio_lab. From their M6 at $550k per pair all the way down to the newly launched X1 speakers last night at $5500 your ears will smile. Amazing what a 4.5” driver can do. If you are in the market for any price range speaker about $5,000 and up you have to hear these. Imaging is 3 dimensional, larger than life soundstage and just absolutely stunning performance with a look that will fit any room. This manufacturer out of Denmark really gets it and I don’t care what price point you are looking at these speakers will out perform speakers double the price.  If you are buying speakers up to $25k you have to hear their $11k option.  The rep for Borresen is hitting all the shows/events over the next several months in the US. Oh, and by the way, I loved the X1 so much I bought the first pair that will ship to me in early March!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

Zeno3: Similar results at the show, good sound but once the rooms got overly crowded it was hard to tell, as people were talking etc.. My X1 tweeters have some edginess in the Tweeter realm but that was over come by using my BAT Tube Int. Amp which seems to make everything sound better. When I put that combo together it was like a ah ha moment very good pairing, even better than what they were using at the show. I have 3 monitors and I am selling off one or two pairs, need to make a decision on one of these.. Borresen X1, Audio Physic Sparks are so close in sound with a slight edge going to the Sparks. The real winner for me was the Triangle Duetto 40th Anniversary speaker, that sounded the best to my ears.  Dynamics the win goes to X1... the Triangle and Tubes, match made in heaven.. 

Anyone who has heard both the X3 and Sonus Faber Nova, how would you compare the two?

primetime74: totally different speakers, X3 are very Dynamic and do really well on fast music and stereo separation is excellent on the Borresen’s lines. Sonus Faber is manufactured all in house now even the cabinets are made in Italy and are pieces of art. The X line and all of the Borresen is very good to excellent, and the same goes with SF, as I like them even more now since they have updated their drivers etc.. The SF line is softer more relax sounding but very detailed. This is a highly opinionated hobby and with these two sounding drastically different, I would demo and make your mind up on "what you like" because that is all that matters in this hobby, not what some one tells you what you should like. ;) I own the Serafino’s and X1’s they both excellent, and excel in different ways.

@gandalf I was just wondering the opinions of anyone who has heard both.  I like both styles of presentation. The natural,  organic sound of Sonus faber is what made me purchase the Sonetto V's last year.  While I absolutely love their sound in bitten by the upgrade bug.  I've heard the Nova line,  but haven't heard a Borressen, yet. 

I'm sure listening to the Serafino is a truly amazing experience.