Budget Hunter: Spendor S8e vs Totem Hawk

I'm replacing a pair of B&W Matrix 804s with something less fatiguing and (hopefully) more musically involving.

A pair of Spendor S8e ($1200) and a pair of Totem Hawks ($1800) are for sale locally. I like what I've read about both. Before I drive an hour and a half in opposite directions to audition, I hoped I might get some insights from this group about any personal experiences you may have had. Likes and dislikes. My tastes in music runs the gamut but the human voice is the common thread through all of it.

The rest of my system is capable but modest. A Musical Fidelity A300 dual mono Integrated (150/250), MF A3 CD transport, Denafrips Aries II, Rega P2 and a Bluesound Node2i.

Thanks in advance!
craig_co
Post removed 
I would go with the spendor because if you like human voice it will be the best for that way better than totem or b&w.
Totem over spendor any day. Totem is anything but  bright sounding. All totems need a good quality amp with good power to sound their best. Spendor is too laid back. Totem Forest are also nice sounding. 
A couple things I learned buying used speakers: If foam doesn't look original, make sure surround is perfectly centered, ask if crossover has been messed with at all, have they ever been opened and I bought a pair and noticed a small perforation to one of the cones after I got them home. It could be repaired, but was not disclosed at time of purchase. 
Post removed