Budget Tube Amp (newbie)

I'm new to tube amps. I need some advice as to a good budget tube amp with good bass that will push my large Advent speakers. Please keep in mind that I don't know anything about tube amps and don't want to pull the trigger until I can get some advice. I'm new to the Forum. Many thanks from an old guy.
Best regards,
Rob
shutupuface

Rob, one way to go is to get the best power amp your money will buy, and put a passive "pre" in front of it. If your source output impedances are low enough, their output voltage high enough, your inter-connects short enough (more specifically, their total capacitance low enough), and the power amp’s input sensitivity and impedance high enough (the MR RM-10’s sensitivity is under a volt, it’s input impedance 100k Ohms, both making for an ideal candidate for a passive pre), you should be good to go.

No matter what amp you decide to go with, there is a great detailed description of what went into the design of the RM-10 on the Music Reference website. In reading it, you will get some insight into the choices an amplifier designer is faced with, things that don’t get talked about much: why a low impedance power supply is of benefit to a circuit, why "over-rated" parts are a real good idea (learned during Roger’s youth, when he started building amps in his family’s basement, his 3 years as a repair technician in a Virginia hi-fi shop, and as Chief Engineer at Beveridge), factors that go into the design and construction of a transformer (which has a profound effect on the sound of an amp), factors that effect tube life, not to mention what is involved in getting a tube to operate in it’s most linear range. Good stuff!

In a private email, you asked me about current solid state amps. About them I can be of no help, having only old ones (Electron Kinetics Eagle 2A, PS Audio 200C) myself. The only modern ss amp I find intriguing is the Sanders Magtech, which is way over your budget. What I can say is that given the Advent's impedance characteristics, and it's low sensitivity, I think you'll find a ss amp to be a better match than a tube one. Just one opinion. In the early issues of The Absolute Sound, Harry & co. were using a Phase Linear 700 on their Advents.

Dynaco made an amp called the MkIII that was a 60 watt monoblock. This turned out to be a good amount of power for the original Advent. You can still buy the MkIII as a kit (looks like this is for one channel):

http://www.triodeelectronics.com/trmk3tuampki.html
x2 bdp24....I've owned an assortment of tube amps including the Rogue Cronus Magnum and the RM10 like bdp24 just scored here is so superior it's not fair to compare the 2 - if the amount of power suits your setup.  Don't let the low price fool you - it could be your last amp as it's probably mine with no regrets.  The better your speakers get the better it sounds
So if I  understand you correctly, are you  saying that the RM10 is much better than the Cronus Magnum?Thanks, alot for your imput!
Best regards,
Rob