Bybee Internal Speaker Bullets - user feedback?

I added a couple of Bybee Small Slipstream Purifiers on the RCA inputs in my amp and like the effect quite a bit.

Exchanging with Jack Bybee, he said the internal speaker bullets are, in his view, the best bang for buck of his products. That would be an expensive move for me as I would need 2 sets (they retail at about $800 per set).

Searching around A'gon, I was surprised to see little talk about these. Found a thread from 2008 discussing the Bybee Golden Goddess that apparently had just come out at the time. I believe the Internal Speaker Bullets are a DIY version of the Golden Goddess, that retails at $4200 (!!).

Would love to hear from those who tried them. In what kind of speakers? Was it worth it to you?

My speakers are B&W 804S. They were $4k when new...not anymore. I have to wonder if best bang for buck is to spend $1.6k on these Bybees or upgrade the speakers. The Bybees I can keep with me in future speaker upgrades, though.

Thank you!
lewinskih01
Dangelod,

Thanks for the tip! I sent Ryan an e-mail.
Am I right to assume your comment
where the purifiers were installed in line (2 per speaker) as outlined by Acresverde
Refers to a speaker with two sets of binding posts, where one set of Bybees where installed between the woofer's crossover and the binding post, and the other set was installed between the midrange/treble binding post and its XO?

-----

BTW, I decided to try it. After lengthy discussions with Jack Bybee I decided to buy two SE Internal Speaker Bullets per speaker. That means one bullet on the positive of the bass and one on the positive of the midrange/treble, which is Option 4) on Bybee's website/speaker installation options.
Although a significant amount of money to just try ($600), it's far less than what I was looking at first and does give me the chance to try it for myself and follow the upgrade path described in that website, should I deem it worth it.

Unfortunately I have to deal with very complicated logistics so it will be a couple of months at best until I can try them. I will post my findings here as a way to give back to all of you, who have been so helpful (and I do mean everyone - a quote of skepticism is very healthy, I think).

Cheers!
Given the time many of you dedicated to sharing your experiences and opinions around my question, I thought I should provide follow-up - no closure yet, though.

I finally got together with the 4 Super Effect Internal Speaker Bullets this week. As mentioned before, my logistics are very complicated :-)

I got in touch with Ryan at Vapour Audio, following Dangelod's suggestion:
A quick summary, I didn't find any improvement with Bybees on larger drivers (8" woofers and up), in fact they seemed to have less impact after the Bybees. However on the tweeter and midrange drivers, I ended up using 2 slipstreams per driver inside the cabinet, soldered directly to the driver terminals. I liked the silvers on the tweeter, but when silvers were used on the Accuton midrange drivers it added a bit of stridency.

I asked him back why he chose on the (apparently) regular Slipstreams instead of the SE Internal Speaker Bullets suggested by Jack Bybee, but I haven't yet gotten an answer. BTW, his turn-around time was very long, so I might still get an answer.

Nevertheless, Ryan's comment defeats a preconception along the lines of "you either treat all drivers or none".

Now I need to find the time to open up my speakers and do the internal work. My plan is to try two alternatives:
1) One purifier between (+) binding post and woofer XO, and another purifier on (+) between corresponding binding post and mids/trebble XO. This is Setup #4 on Bybees website.
2) Per Ryan's, one purifier on (+) tab of the midrange driver and one on the (+) of tweeter. This approach is close to Setup #2 and 1 on Bybees website, said to be better than 4, but this has an untreated woofer compared to Bybees suggestion.

Next week I receive a new DAC I want to try, so I'm hesitating to make changes on my speakers that could mix up the results from introducing many changes at once. So it might be another month before I follow up with impressions about Bybees in use - that is if I can fight back anxiety ;-)

Thanks again to all who contributed.
This is an old thread but having owned a Audio store ,having a good audio tech
and experimenting with plenty of mods of blind testing . I but Bybees in gear 
starting with digital for sure a positive I went to preamp,amp  they kept adding 
up to 16 in my system ,too many it took away I recommend on the plus, minus 
and ground if on AC at minimum ,plus, minus on input and anywherenoise is like after a power supply ,that is for a technician 
the speaker  purifiers install either inside at the inside  where the wire is solderedto the input terminal ,I just cut and solder , or where it comes out of the Xover , I have seen excellent results 2 on the input of every driver , it was noticably more defined ,they take over 150 hours to fully settle in 
these speakers were Over $60 k , we recorded 6 songs ,recorded them all at the same spl level , they after putting the Bybeees in fir a week 175 hours  
and recorded these same 6 songs from a top reel to reel ,it was better  judged by all 5 present ,played back 4 times.
on a pair of Amphion 1-18, or consumer version known as the Argon 3S 
just on the inside plus minus ,the speaker  day one a bit more refined 
after 100 hours without question lowlevel detail was more defined and a bit more transparency ,I guess like a cable upgrade from say I $500 interconnect to Anne 2x the price , this applied to all music, even brighter recordings became a bit
less edgy. I have well over 1000 hours with them ,the runin part is a must 
the better the equipment the more defined for higher end products on average 
allow more information ,meaning put on at least a $2500 speaker minimum ,
they do work ,what % in your system ? 5% is a solid average on the speakers 
ifthat is worth $700 to you then go for it.