Can we finally put Reel to Reel out of its misery? Put it to rest people.

The format is dying and too expensive to repair properly. Heads wear out so easy and many out there are all worn.
High quality technicians are either retired or long gone. Its such an inconvenient format that can be equalled by nakamichi easily in tape decks.
Retire it please put them in museums. 
vinny55
It seems that vinny55 is alone in his call to annihilate R2R. Even those who do not see it as a format of any significance at this point, do not call for its forced demise.

Still, what do you guys think how many people around the world are actually active with R2R?

I am not sure how to get to some ballpark figure. Maybe number of R2R clubs and their members? Actual sales on eBay and similar sites? Does anyone have any idea? Would number be in hundreds, thousands, millions? What are your guesses?
Best guess?

Tens of thousands worldwide.

A lot of European countries are very into r2r.

Revox still has huge following in Switzerland and I have found most of fair prices parts and machines are actually for sale by Swiss eBay members.
uberwaltz,

Thanks. My guess (completely uneducated and wild) was also in tens of thousands worldwide.

Does anyone else have more solid idea?

When it comes to Switzerland, I guess tradition means something. It is a small country and it seems to be disproportionately active with R2R.
I think the Swiss are very loyal and faithfull to their home town hero Revox.

Yes for a relatively small country the following is huge.
It’s called creating your mix of songs , from a source such As vinyl record that you record to your R2R your mix of songs or your CD and record your favorite songs,,, or from any other media source but to truly appreciate the analog experience vinyl as a source
why is it so hard for many to understand that not to long ago their was vinyl and tape
snd not a micro chip to reproduce music
i will stay with tubes , vinyl and tape yes it was fun to hear your creation 
snd going to s store and buying s LP AND IF ANY NEW BLANK tape MFG created a better tape ( scotch, TDK, BASF)