Can we finally put Reel to Reel out of its misery? Put it to rest people.

The format is dying and too expensive to repair properly. Heads wear out so easy and many out there are all worn.
High quality technicians are either retired or long gone. Its such an inconvenient format that can be equalled by nakamichi easily in tape decks.
Retire it please put them in museums. 
vinny55
As a small interesting piece, a person who signed off (who signed the arrival of it to the record company and was eventually a responsible "editor") on one of the topoxforddoc’s reels of tape has a story to tell...

"Despot attended recording sessions of The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (London, 1967), Rolling Stones’ Let It Bleed (London, 1969), Pink Floyd’s Ummagumma (London, 1969) and Arsen Dedić’s Homo volans (Zagreb, 1973)."

It’s amazing of the loyalty to a type of media format  and we ALL have opinions of which each of us  like one over another 
yes R2R format became cassettes then CD Now it’s all on I micro chip 1000s of songs on the size of s finger nail.
Now we all sit back and wait for the next innovation. And will type away and talk about that I will stay with my R2R tape. vinyl  records and tubes for my amp snd preamp until these supples are no longer available 

"Now we all sit back and wait for the next innovation."
Our wait is over. It is called "streaming".
Lmao.

Nice one Glupson.

Now excuse me while I go read up on Elcaset some more .....