CD players = dead?

From an audiophile, sound quality perspective are CD players obsolete? Can a CD player offer better performance than an audio server / streamer? 
madavid0
You rip your collection so it sounds better and is much easier to find and play! Your ripped collection plus streams are both managed through Roon/Tidal for the best sound quality and user interface possible.  You have liner notes, lyrics, reviews, album art, photos, play lists, similar artists, artists influenced by the artist you love, tons of new music and artists you were never aware of and now love, and on and on. This whole experience is very tangible and quite frankly makes handing those flimsy cd jackets, once you finally find the one you want, so very boring and crude. Absolutely no comparison in experience of our hobby from the perspective of this computer challenged, yet now enlightened aphile.  
Question for rippers. Has anyone ripped a CD twice, you know, to see if there's further improvement?

MY sacd/ cd player and collection are not going a way. the collection still growing 

grannyring, just out of curiosity, how often do you look for a specific content that you can't find in the Tidal library and need to access your ripped CD collection to find it?

@geoffkait  - I have had several CD's that had read-errors when I ripped them - probably sue due to scratches

Using DBPoweramp tells you when a problem has been encountered and has very good corrective abilities, which work up to a point.

The DBPoweramp version has always sounded the best

regards...