CEC Belt Drive CD Transports vs Jay's Audio CD Transports

Hello,

I currently have a new LTA Aero Dac on order.  I have a feeling that I will be soon be ordering a new CD Transport to go with the new Dac and am trying to narrow down the options.

I am strongly considering either the Jay's CDT2MK3/CDT3MK3; but would also like to hear more about the CEC TL5 and the CEC TL-2N belt drive transports.

I'm curious if anyone has had the opportunity to compare CEC with the Jay's?

I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences - whether they be good or bad before I decide to pull the trigger.

Thank you and best wishes to you all!

no_regrets

Hi no_regrets, 

I have a Jay’s CDT2 Mk.3  transport.  It is a great sounding unit and is built like a tank!  Never compared it to a CEC. I don’t use it anymore went to a Grimm MU1 streamer at 5 to 6x the price. The Grimm is better but it doesn’t blow away the Jays transport. I kept it as a backup but, would be willing to sell it for a good price.

It is in excellent condition and I bought an extra NOS transport mechanism which I will include.

Joe

@mofimadness Thank you for your comment!

I find the TL2N to be intriguing.  Is the TL2N the same as the TL2?

I'm curious if you had the opportunity to compare the TL2 to any other cd transports?  If yes, how did they differ?

Can you share what it is about the TL2 that you love so much?

How often does one need to replace the belts?  Where do you get the belts from?

Thank you so much for helping me understand better.

Best wishes to you,

Don

@snopro Thank you for your post!  Which color is your CDT2mk3?

Thank you and best wishes to you,

Don

@no_regrets - don’t have the TL2, but TL5 estimates the belt life as 5 years and Atelier13 threw in a spare at no charge. The TL5 has an easily replaceable belt, but I don’t know if the TL2 is the same. I suggest you call Constantin at Atelier13 and he can answer your questions. The price of a new belt for the TL5 is $100. Yes that is a lot for a little belt, but that’s what it costs.