Class D

Been thinking of trying a D amp to reduce clutter. Most that I see are not rated at 2 ohms.  My PSB Stratus gold's will drop to 3 ohms or lower at some frequencies. So my question is will these types of amps handle this impedance ?
Thanks in advance. Chris
128x128zappas
I wonder if George can tell us how much of the phase-correction in the Technics unit is from hardware, and how much is through software (delay).

I wonder if George understands the math of feedback?
Wasn’t even addressing you, but seeing you butted in yet again, wonder if you understand your own ears, I doubt it very much, as you seem to think all that counts is wattage, and have no idea, just how bad global feedback is for sound quality when not used sparingly, and why some of the best sounding amps ever made have only local feedback.
Correct, that why I like passive preamps also, if correctly implemented, as they have no sound.

Listen to many Class-D’s they have great bass great lower mids, but "something thins out" and looses it dimensionality in the upper mids and highs, like a separate amps has been grafted in suddenly.
This is what I mean they when I say they (Class-D) don’t sound like the A or A/B classics amps, effortless (invisible) from top to bottom without character change at all.

Cheers George
George,

The difference between me and you is I understand feedback, you do not. One of the amplifiers you previously went gaga about Soulution, uses a ton of feedback. You just don't know what you are talking about.

So back the question, how much of the phase shift in the Technics is from the filters, and how much from intentional correction in software? ... inquiring minds want to know.