Comments on interconnect cables

I have owned my Harmonic Technology Magic Link 2 interconnect XLR cables since 2007 so it is time for an interconnect cable upgrade. One option, of course, is the Harmonic Technology Magic Link 3 interconnect cables ($900). See:

http://www.harmonictech.com/2013/11/magic-link-interconnects/

My dealer is suggesting something in the Shunyata Research’s line.

Several people seem to like the Darwin Truth Interconnect cables as described below:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?rcabl&1404488168&read&keyw&zzdarwin=truth

The IC cables will go from my Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC to my Luxman L-590ax integrated amplifier.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the above cables or other cables I should consider? My budget is around $1,000.
hgeifman
zd542: We did the best we could based on my equipment, room, etc. Of course, it is not perfect. No home audio system can match the sound of a live performance.
Waste of money......spend your money elsewhere.........or roll your own and be done with it.
It appears from your system description photos that the length required for this cable is fairly short, probably around 1 meter. Keep in mind that the relatively short length, the fact that the interface is balanced, and the fairly low output impedance of the QB9 will all work in the direction of reducing sensitivity to cable differences.

My suspicion is that you might be pleasantly surprised with the results you would get by spending $80 on a pair of Mogami Gold Studio.

Another factor which may contribute to Mogami being a suitable choice is the proximity of the cable to the laptop in your system. Mogami Gold Studio is known for providing excellent noise rejection, and the electrical noise radiated by the laptop and/or its power supply could conceivably be significant at that close distance.

Good luck. Regards,
-- Al
You should consider Zen Wave Audio D4 interconnects. I find them similar to Siltech G6 Forbes Lake, only even more natural sounding. The D4 are the best I've used, allowing me to sell the much costlier Siltechs. FWIW, I still own a pair of HT Magic Link II cables as spares. The D4 are in a different league.