Concert Experience for $5k?

I have a budget of $5k for new/used stereo speakers.
I have a VPI turntable, PrimaLuna Dialogue preamp and a Cary Audio V12 tube amp. (yeah, the one with 12 EL34’s sticking out of it) I’ve got quality gear and plenty of horsepower.

I am chasing the rock concert experience. When you’re at a live show drums have a sharp attack and crack. Bass/kick drums have a punch you can feel. ....that’s what I want to feel when I play a live album.

Which speakers - new or used - would you recommend to recreate that rock concert feeling?
128x128t-bon3
Amplified rock concert sound is generated by thousands of watts of amplifiers feeding dozens of large diameter drivers (12" to 18" woofers).  Concert sound systems are capable of sustained 115dB sound levels with peaks up to 125dB.  Practically speaking you will not be able to reproduce this in a home environment.

If you're willing to scale down the concert hall sound such that it works in a domestic environment you could probably get by with 300-500 watts and  loudspeakers that can sustain 105dB.  The above suggestions of ATC, Zu or Klipsch are good, but whatever you pick will be by necessity a physically large loudspeaker.  Good luck!
t-bon3, there are some good recommendations above.

Several Klipsch models offer the dynamics you seek.

ProAc are a personal favourite, combining fast dynamics with a full bodied sound

Currently I’m using Gershman Acoustics Sonogram speakers. combined with KLE Innovations gZero6 speaker cables and find they provide lightning fast dynamics with an exceptionally well controlled very deep bass performance and are completely "invisible". But alas, they are rear ported and need at least 20" between the back of the cabinet and the wall behind them to achieve this level of performance.

Knowing a little about your listening environment I’d probably go for the ProAc Response D18, a simple two driver floor standing speaker with a downward facing bass port, which allows for placement closer to a rearwall.

You might also want to take a look at the Kudos range, another very articulate and dynamic range of speakers.

All of the speakers I gravitate too tend to have either Two or three drivers, since I find they have a more precise image. I also like an 8" bass driver for exceptionally well controlled and deeper bass performance.

I have tried speakers with multiple bass drivers, but found they lacked the precision of the simpler designs.

I can highly recommend the gZero6 speaker cables mentioned above - they are the fastest and most detailed cables I’ve found to date, with superb imaging, but they require 300+ hours burn-in.

Also, if the speaker you select are bi-wired, I would recommend contacting KLE Innovations, the will probably be able to make you a suitable jumper for a reasonable price, or maybe incorprorate it into the cable - KL Eichmann is very good.

Hope that helps
Start with a pair of quality 15" subwoofers.  Cross them high enough (+/- 60 Hz or higher) to ensure that kick drum fundamentals are directed that way.  Maybe goose the subs' output to a little higher than flat.  Add a pair of the horns of your choice (and remaining budget) as your mains.  

Rock on!
I listened to the ProAc Response D18 at my dealer and both the studio 125s (used) and my current studio 148s. I would have kept the 125s if the did not get loose on some of the lower frequencies like the D18s. The 148s did not have this problem. I use my system for 2 channel AV also. 
I suggest you seek a speaker with 8 Ohms impedance and at least 92-93dB sensitivity, and preferably higher. Speakers with such characteristics have a lot of liveliness to them. They are not the "end all, be all," but they would be able to deliver much of the impact and vibrancy you seek. You may wish to reject any speaker with 8" bass driver(s) or under. 

You may be a candidate for the newer large Cerwin Vega speakers which were said to be surprisingly good for the money; 6Ohms and 95dB - perfect. There are a few reviews, I believe on the Net. Now, I'm not saying they will be better than most of the others mentioned, but imo when you are playing music at too loud levels you are introducing all manner of distortions no matter what speakers you are using. Given enough level a high end speaker which is incapable of such performance can distort with the best of them. So, if you are to rock such as to knock the fillings out of your teeth, then why spend audacious sums to do it?  
So, go for it, and FEEL the distortion!  In all seriousness, it's another way of being a listener and getting into the music.  :)